Avoid Lengthy Queues by using the Ethiopian Online Check in Feature
Online check-in (Web check-in) is the process in which passengers confirm their travel on a flight via the internet and typically print their own boarding passes.
Online Check-in is available from 36 hours to 2 hours before departure for all international and domestic flights. Confirm your attendance on the flight, select your seat and save valuable time. The only thing a passenger needs is an internet connection and a printer for the boarding pass.
The passenger is requested to arrive at the gate 30 minutes prior to boarding if he/she has no luggage to drop off. If he/she has baggage to drop off he/she shall arrive at the web check-in counter at least 1 hour before departure for International flights and 45 minutes before departure for Domestic flight.
What is required to use web check-in?
Basic requirements for web check-in:
- Passengers must have an electronic ticket.
- Flights must be operated by Ethiopian Airlines.
- For web check-in service on code share flights (flights operated by partner airlines), please visit the website of the respective airline.
Steps for Web check-in
- Go to https://dxcheckin.ethiopianairlines.com/dx/ETCI/#/check-in/start?locale=en-GB or click “web check-in” from the quick links section on EthiopianAirlines.com home page to begin web check-in.
- On the “Home” page enter your name as it appears on your ticket (Passenger receipt). Also enter the city of beginning of your travel and Reservation Locator (PNR) or your Frequent Flyer Number and click “Continue”. This will locate your reservation and displays your itinerary.
- Select your sex (if not entered before) and the sector of the flight you would like to check-in at the moment and click “Select or Change Seat”.
- On the next screen you can change the seat that was assigned to you at the time of booking your flight. If no change is required proceed to next step by clicking “check baggage”.
- The next page shows the “hazardous materials” information. Please read that and confirm if you do carry any of the listed materials.
NOTEmake sure that the information you provide here is correct as it may have legal implications.
- Once you select “No” you will be asked for the number of baggage you would bring to the airport for check in. This doesn’t include your single hand bag allowance (maximum 7Kgs). Please make sure that your baggage is in accordance with Ethiopian baggage allowance before you come to the airport. Baggage allowance can be checked here.
- Click “Check-In” to finish the process and display your boarding pass
- Print your boarding pass (2 copies required) and bring with you to the airport. If you have no baggage to check-in proceed to the boarding gates directly. If you have baggage to check-in please refer to the timing precautions below.
Any Problems while online check-in?
- If your flight is less than 2hours to depart, or if it’s more than 36 hours away, you will not be able to check-in online.
- All Ethiopian operated flights are available for online check with the few exceptions listed below. Please make sure that Ethiopian is the operating carrier of the flight that you are trying to check in for and visit partner airlines website for flights operated by one of our partner airlines.
- The following departure points are temporarily unavailable for online check-in:
- Republic of Congo(BZV, PNR)
- Democratic Republic of Congo(FBM, FIH)
- All other ET departure points other than listed above are available for online check-in.
- If you face any other problem during web checking to your flight, click back to return to the previous page or “Home” to begin the check in process from the beginning.
- If you are unable to complete your web check-in and print your boarding pass, YOU HAVE TO APPEAR AT THE AIRPORT AT LEAST 2 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE and talk to the customer service agent at Ethiopian counters.
Web check-in Precautions
- Web check-in is not possible to passengers who need special service requests such as wheel chairs, extra seats, unaccompanied minors, pet in hold, stretcher etc.
- If you have luggage to drop off you have to arrive at the check-in counter dedicated for web checked in passengers at least
- 45 minutes prior to departure for Domestic flights and
- 60 minutes prior to departure for International flights
- In order to save your valuable time please make sure your baggage is in accordance with the Ethiopian’s allowance before you come to the airport.
- Reservations are subject to cancelation if you are not on board the aircraft 30 minutes prior to departure. All existing no-show rules apply.
- All existing terms and conditions, cancellation & baggage rules and allowances apply.
To Check-in your flight online, please click here: CHECK-IN ONLINE